Community Alliance Program Presents:
Cannabis 4 The Cause: Cannabis vs. Cancer Discussions. The Science & Potential of Cannabinoids to Inhibit Cancer Cell Proliferations
- The scientific perspective of the topic will be addressed by world renowned bio-chemical researcher, Dr. Cristina Sanchez (PhD). Dr. Sanchez will help the audience understand all of the current scientific studies currently being done on an International level were restrictions are not currently hindering the clinical research needed to advance therapeutic cannabis sciences. The goal of her research is to understand and exploit cannabinoids as potential antitumoral agents in breast cancer. Dr. Sanchez has focused her attention on new cannabinoid receptors and their possible involvement in cannabinoid antitumoral action in breast cancer and other type of tumors.
- The patient care perspective will be addressed by Tammie Thomas. Ms. Thomas works closely with several organizations such as the “Cancer Resource Center of the Desert”, the “NFL Players Association” and several oncologists both locally, Nationally and Internationally in an effort to facilitate patient care and education.
- The local and organizational aspects of the topic will be address by Helen Palomino (LCSW). Palomino is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and CEO of The Cancer Center of the Desert (CRCD). The Cancer Resource Center of the Desert is the only local non-profit community based organization providing comprehensive cancer Patient Navigation to individuals living in the Imperial Valley community.
Join us at this formidable event to get information, education and get your questions answered with respect to Cannabis and Cannabinoids therapies.
- Date: July 12, 2018
- Time: 6pm - 8pm
- Location: San Diego Central Library Theatre
- 2hr Parking on site will be validated